As a mother, probably constantly wondering whether your baby is comfortable while sleeping, whether he is hot enough, you can breathe freely … It is normal to spin all those questions, because you want your dearest is safe and comfortable to travel in the world of sweet dreams.
If you follow these 10 rules, you can be sure that your baby will sleep peacefully, safely and comfortably.
- Do not lie on your stomach. I used to recommend this position, but now everyone is advised to lie down baby to sleep on their backs. So you reduce the risk of the syndrome of sudden infant death (SIDS). The baby has the power to move if placed on the stomach and can suffocate. If you leave your baby to sleep on your back, it can breathe freely. Once you reach six months of age, the baby already can sleep in any position.
- The crib should have bars or bars until the baby turns 2 years old. If your crib has dearest bars, check the distance between them is small enough, should not be greater than 6 cm . So the baby will not be able to push through his head between them.
- Choose a wooden bed. It will reduce the likelihood of respiratory allergies.
- The mattress should be firm and perfectly fit the crib. If the mattress is smaller, will remain an empty space that can drop your baby.
- Put it next to your bed. The first few weeks will surely be afraid to leave your baby, so you can put the crib or cradle next to your bed.
- Do not put pillows and blankets over the crib. Babies can easily choke with pads or buried under blankets and can not be released.
- While little put in a blanket. In the first three months, put baby in a blanket.So you felt like it was in the womb and be warm.
- Keep the room temperature equal to or lower than 19 ° C. If it is too hot, will raise the body temperature of the baby, and it can be harmful. Check the room temperature with a thermometer.
- Do not smoke in the house. Passive smoking is very harmful to the health of the newborn, because it can infect respiratory problems at night.
- Keep the room dark. While very small babies do not make much difference whether it is light or dark and sleep regardless of light. But as the light begins to grow is a problem. If you have trouble sleeping your baby, make sure it sleeps a maximum darkroom. Perhaps that is the reason for without dream.