Fungal infections are common in women. Three of the four women had a yeast infection at some point in their lives, and most of them have faced such infection two or more times.The appearance of vaginal yeast infection creates frustration and discomfort, because it causes symptoms such as itching in the genital organs, the occurrence of thick white vaginal discharge, burning during urination, and pain during sexual intercourse.
Although in most cases the vaginal fungal infections are not dangerous and are easily treated much better option is to do as much as you can to avoid them. Of course, you can not always avoid the occurrence of a fungal infection, but you can reduce your risk.
- Make sure the clothes.The clothes have a lot of great importance in the prevention of vaginal fungal infections. It is not difficult to apply the advice of experts about the clothes:
- Use cotton underwear.Cotton clothing absorbs moisture from the skin while synthetic underwear allows the skin to breathe, the humidity traps air and creates an ideal environment for fungal infections. If you do not want to wear cotton underwear completely, at least choose pants that are coated with cotton material in the vagina.
- Do not wear tight clothing.Tight pants and tight underwear, especially in summer, increase the moisture in the vagina.
- Limit the time in which you wear pantyhose or tights of synthetic materials (nylon, Lycra).Whenever you wear tights or leggings underneath them wear cotton underwear.
- After showering, dry vaginal area completely before getting dressed.Fungal infections “worship” humid environment. To reduce humidity, you can use the fan running at the lowest temperature.
- Never dress nedosushena underwear.Always make sure your underwear is completely dry before you put on yourself.
- Do not sit in a wet bathing suit or damp clothes after exercise.How quickly you take off your clothes and put on dry.
- Do not use perfumed powders or sprays for intimate hygiene.The same goes for parfimiranata toilet paper and parfimiranite pads or tampons. They can disrupt the natural balance of the vagina.
- Forget warm baths.It lay in the bathtub if you are prone to fungal infections. Always take a shower with lukewarm water.
- Do not use strong soaps and shower gels for intimate hygiene.Your favorite gel body is not suitable for washing the vaginal area. Use appropriate soaps and gels and always rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Always wipe from front to back to after visiting the This will prevent the transfer of bacteria from the anus to the vagina.
- Use lubricants water based.When you have a problem with moisture in the vagina during sex, always use a lubricant water based.
- If you have diabetes, control your blood sugar levels.It has been proven that diabetes and fungal infections are closely related. Some doctors believe that the continued occurrence of fungal infections may indicate the occurrence of diabetes and advise women on which infection often repeated tests to check blood sugar.
- Avoid unnecessary antibiotics.Treatment with antibiotics is a common cause of fungal infections. They alter the levels of bacteria in the vagina (as Lactobacillus) and disrupt the pH balance. So, get antibiotics only when necessary and when you are recommended by a doctor. Never Heal with antibiotics longer than your prescribed.
- Consume yogurt.Yogurt can not cure fungal infection, but certainly can not prevent .Women who regularly consume yogurt rarely suffer from unpleasant infections.
- Watch your diet, avoid foods rich in carbohydrates.Foods that contain sugars and carbohydrates increases the risk of fungal infections. Avoid sugary foods, products made from white flour and alcohol.
- Reduce stress.Although not scientifically proven, many women claim that more often suffer from fungal infections when they are under stress .